Stop Codon  

Scribbled by Stephen

Finally the Nationals Badminton season has ended. Phew.. I have been looking forward to end this crazy roller-coaster ride. It has somewhat tossed my life upside down. We ended up in 4th place, having lost to ACSI this afternoon 1-4.

Overall, I am still pretty sad with the conclusion of my role in the team. Guess I have just simply been a fringe player in the team having just played 2 matches out of possible 9 :(

The happy part is that i played pretty well against ACSI this afternoon. It was an all indon doubles match. Somehow it can be said to be a match between Medan and West Java. We played ACSI best doubles, Kalvin and Rheza. :) Although we didnt win, i think that i have put up a very good fight. So it wasn't very disappointing after all. We started of playing very poorly. We lost 21-9 in the first set. In the second set, we gained our momentum and played with awesome synchrony. By the time of interval, we were leading 11-8. We kept on winning points by points til we led them by 19-13. I guess we were getting very excited and started to let our guard down, knowing that we were just 2 points away from winning the set and hence rubber set. But our opponents kept their cool and gained 8 consecutive points from us who finally won 21-19.

Well, I guess thats what make them excellent player. They are able to keep cool even though they are in an extremely pressure situation. They are so experience that they can play crucial points with fantastic composure. Thats basically what I lack of for sure. Anyway, I am happy that somewhat i have fulfilled my own promise that i would play the best game i have ever played in my life. Oh well, though the score was not that cool, but i think i have done a great job; being able to produce such a surprise game to everyone :)

It was quite irritating too, knowing that my smashes couldn't penetrate their defenses for almost all the time :( I really enjoyed that match and I still can't get it out of my head now. I am very proud of myself :D :D

And yeah. One sad thing about today is that I missed the blood donation drive at school. I have donating twice so far and looking forward to the third time.

Uh.. I shall list out the result from the preliminary rounds to the 3rd/4th placing.

PRELIMINARY ROUNDS:
ACJC 5-0 NJC
ACJC 4-1 NYJC
ACJC 4-1 PJC
ACJC 4-1 MJC

QUARTER FINALS:
ACJC 3-2 AJC
ACJC 5-0 HCI
ACJC 0-5 RI(JC)

SEMIFINAL:
ACJC 0-5 JJC

3rd/4th PLACING:
ACJC 1-4 ACS(IB)

I am looking forward to team farewell dinner next Friday at Ritz Carlton Hotel! YEAH!!!!

CHeers!

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 bullshit